Spray Tan Preparation.
Step 1 -
The Night Before Your Tan
A pre-tan pampering session is essential if you want to achieve a flawless, long lasting, patch free tan - this should include:
De-fluffing - Yes ladies/gents, its imperative to engage in hair removal 12-48 hours before your tan NOT ON THE DAY. This time allows pores to close properly and stop that tell-tale dotting that can appear after your tan and ensure your tan looks smooth and gorgeous - if shaving this can be done the day before, if waxing this needs to be done ideally 48 hours prior to your tan.
Exfoliation - Indulge in full-body exfoliation to remove lingering dead skin build-up. Make sure you pay particular attention to your hands, feet, elbows and knees, this will ensure your tan looks smooth, even, radiant and lasts longer. We recommend you avoid using an oil based exfoliator.
Step 2 -
On The Day
Where possible it is best to have a quick shower on the day to remove any deodorant, moisturizers, makeup or perfume you may have been wearing throughout the day, as these will cause a barrier to the Spray tan Solution.
When you're ready, it’s time to get tanned !
Once you have decided what you want to wear to be sprayed inbikini/swimming suit, under garments orwomen can be sprayed in the nude.
Step 3 -
After Your Tan
After a few minutes drying time you'll be ready to pop your clothes back on.
GLOW recommends choosing something dark and loose…
Tight Clothes will leave wear marks.
Your tan will take at least 8 hours to fully develop, so please avoid:
1. Working up a sweat during this time
2. Coming into contact with rain / water (use wipes to wash hands)
3. AVOID TOUCHING YOUR SKIN during the development time as this will stain your hand and cannot be easily removed. The color you will see directly after the application of your Spray Tan is only a guide color & NOT the finished color. This guide color will gradually get darker over the development time, this is quite normal and please don't panic !!
When you have your first shower, either after the full 8 hours or in the morning if you have slept with the guide color on, you will see the guide color running off your skin and will only then reveal the true Color of you tan.
Keep it long lasting...
To keep your tan looking gorgeous you will need to:
1. Avoid long hot baths and showers
2.After a shower always pat your skin dry with towel do not rub
3. Moisturize daily, this will prolong your tan & keep it looking nice & fresh
4. After about the 4th day & then every other day after, very gently exfoliate your skin
this will help to even out the tan again & ensure even fading
5. Last but not least ENJOY YOUR LOVELY NATURAL LOOKING TAN!!